If you become unemployed

When you register at The Public Employment Service (Arbetsförmedlingen), your Unemployment Fund (AEA) automatically gets information about your unemployment situation. For more information about your unemployment fund and application for compensation, visit AEAs webpage. After a few days you get an application form from the Complementary Income Insurance.

Your eligibility to compensation from the Complementary Income Insurance is determined when AEA has decided if you are entitled to compensation from the Unemployment Insurance. You will get the decision in writing.

If you comply with all the basic conditions, the Complementary Income Insurance will grant you benefit for a 120 day-period of unemployment (or a 300 day-period if you have a Supplementary Insurance).